Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hard learned lesson

Weekends is synonymous with football nowadays....so yesterday after work, my teamm8's and me went of to find a proper field.........but it was raining cats and dogs. So we just opted to play futsal/indoor.....which is better than nothing. Astroturf on a concrete floor....and my, oh my....somehow I managed to let the ball slip beneath my foot and before I knew it....BANG...fell hard on the back of my head.
Any peeps who tell you that their lives flash by in slow-motion....forget about that bullocks.......it just doesn't happen........it went so fast that before I knew it, I was totally blacked out for a time, only hearing voices from my teamm8's. I somehow dared to open my eyes, fearing for the worst, but phew...luckily my fears were ungrounded.
The silly me, dazed and walking rather than running still played for the remainder of the session.......
My caring wife asked me to seek professional help immediately, but nah, I don't bleed meaning there is no visible skull fracture.....don't want to trouble her with my own stupidity. So for once I hit the sack very early last night.
Unable to sleep properly, neck muscles feeling sore, I do reckon that I have incurred a slight concussion.....nothing that a healthy dose of painkillers couldn't cure it. Should let the young guns run like hell and keep myself more to the sidelines.
The dudes even asked me to arrange to play today, Sunday, but I'm gonna wisely sit this one out......

No comments: