Saturday, February 25, 2012

Musical Enchantment at the Emirates Palace





Musical Enchantment at the Emirates Palace,


The second must-see stop in Abu Dhabi is undoubtedly the Emirates Palace Hotel, costing a whopping 3 billion USD, and having less than 400 rooms, you can do the arithmetics on this.......how long will it take to break even? I simply don't wanna know.....way beyond my league....






First impression that this place was a bit out of the ordinary happened already at the outside gate entrance, where my taxi was stopped by the security attendants asking why I was entering the 'compounds' of the hotel..........doh!!!.....


Played it nice, and honestly told the security officer that I was on a very brief visit to Abu Dhabi and I was told that this 'palace' was THE place to visit ...so that's why I was here, ....simple as that....






And with that brutal honest explanation, the guard smiled and waved me in....the doors to Alibaba's Cave magically opened for me ....."Open Sesame" ;-p











Everybody knows the proverb, "money can't buy everything" or is it "happiness"?, but heck.....this place really shows it off, the money spent on building this palace isn't exactly peanuts.  And if one can afford to stay in such a posh place, don't come and tell me that you're not happy....I don't buy that 'stuff'!!!






Did I get to see the rooms and suites? Ofcourse not, but I bet the rooms are decked out beyond my wildest dreams.....


Strange thing though, was it bad timing...off season or what? Because I didn't notice that many guests roaming around, either in the lounge, main hall or at the private beach....or maybe the guests are just staying in their undoubtedly luxurious room, enjoying all the amenities on hand......let's say I believe the latter....




While wandering thru the main hall, a trio of musicians attracted my attention.....playing arabic instrumental music using Arabic instruments like the "oud","qanun" and "tablah"


"Oud"

"Qanun"

"Tablah"


.....in so far that I simply stood gawking at them.....yeah, I know, the musicians did look little bit awkward when I took shots and a vid of them...sorry for that boys.  


Residents of the hotel simply passed by, seemingly uninterested, but man, come on, they played some nice tunes if you'd ask me.




Perfectly in tune with the solemn spirit of the "House".....


Grand, grand and grand.....what more can I add?

No comments: